Group Book Review!

Group Book Review!

I've been on holiday recently and i took six books with me to read by the pool and on the plane journey 
and on the way back, this is my take on them! 

Book One: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
At the beginning of this book I hated the main character, he was such a mean man, wrapped up in his own ego, but then as the story line progressed there was a plot twist that i couldn't even have imagined. It was fantastic! The ending left me questioning the whole thing, and i found myself checking on previous details to see if it all made sense (which it did) and i completely recommend this to anyone who likes to read.  I give this book 10 out of 10!


Book Two: More Than This by Patrick Ness
I've read another book by this author and loved it, so I bought this one without checking its reviews first, it was a good decision over all, I liked the plot and I felt something for the characters, but I can't help feeling like the ending let it down a little bit. I like to know what has happened to the characters at the end of a story, and I understand the point is so you can create your own ending, but with this book I just wondered if my copy was missing a chapter, I even tried to find a sequel because I was convinced that wasn't the ending. I liked the rest of the story and I was engrossed in reading it for two days by the pool.
7/10


Book Three: Four by Veronica Roth
I have read the entire Divergent series and I love it, they are fantastic, and this book is a spin off of that series, it follows one of the main characters before and during the set of the Divergent trilogy. It was good to see the same story from the point of view of someone else, and I really liked this character, The story is told by Four, who is central in the trilogy, if you haven't read this or the Divergent trilogy i strongly recommend both.
9/10


Book Four: Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher
I first heard about this book through Tom Fletcher, who is Married to Giovanna, the author, I love Mcfly and I think Tom and Gi are the cutest couple around. So i'll admit i was persuaded to buy the book because of this, but i'm so glad i did! I really wanted it to be good and it did not disappoint! The story follows a girl who lives in a tiny village and has suffered from panic&anxiety since primary school. She meets and falls in love with Billy, who is and actor, and  thought that the plot sounded a bit cliche, but it wasn't the story had many twists and turns both good and bad, i was crying by the end of it! Overall it was a fabulous read and i recommend this and Giovanna's other book (You're the want that I want).
8/10


Book Five: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Rainbow Rowell is well known for writing the book 'Fangirl' which was huge here in England, i loved it so i thought i would give this book a try. and once again I loved it! it starts off like a normal love story between a boy and a girl, but then twists, it has darker streaks in it which make the story more harsh and realistic, set in 1986, the characters are strange but lovable outcasts that find each other, definitely worth a read!
7/10


Book Six: Wonder by R.J Palacio 
This is a book I read last year originally but I took it on holiday with me because i love it, and its definitely one of my favorites. The book is about a young boy with a facial deformity, and his journey in life when he is beginning middle school, how he makes friends and enemies. The story goes through different narrators, all people who are friends with, or know the main character, August. The book really highlights the reality of how someone with August's condition would be treated in a modern day school,  and despite the teachers and guardians, he still gets bullied and experiences bad people and horrible situations. The ending fitted the book perfectly I think, and it shows that even in the worst of situations, there can be light. Fantastic, heartwarming read.
10/10

So that was my first proper blog post! 
Thanks for reading! 
Anna












Comments